Sunday 20 January 2013

A Blaze of Glory

A little something arrived in the post just before Christmas, and it was quite a surprise!

I've been using the Flash and the Flare for a few years, and have always found them super easy to use, charge, position at multiple angles and on multiple things, and never lose sight of that which I like to keep an eye on in the darkness.

Take, for example, my dogs. I strap a flare to each of them, and you can't miss them, so it's easy to let them off the lead and know that they are safe and nearby. It looks a bit (well, exactly) like this.

I'm also keen to use a back light during the day, especially when it's new, to see what people's reaction is: If they can see it, it's bright.

With the Flare, people said, "That's a good light."

But with the Blaze, people reacted like I'd blinded them at night, only during the daylight. Lots of "jeffing" and "Oooh!" and Ahhh's!"

So that night I tried it on one of my dogs. I haven't filmed it yet as I was basking in the elation brought on by something akin to a Red Dwarf hanging off of my dog's neck. We actually had to turn it off when he was on the lead as we couldn't see anything past his neck.

Unbelievable.

Next I tried it on my bike, at night. It lit up the whole of my bike and most of the turning circle in front of Buchanan towers. Lateral visibility is NOT a weakspot of this or the flare.

Personally, I prefer it on Flashing mode and on full power, as it's so easy to charge and maintain and I would guess at it being double as bright as the Flare. But you can of course program it for various power outputs.

It's another amazing (and I mean it) offering from Exposure. Go try one and see if you go as slacked jawed as I did.

No comments: