Sunday 4 November 2012

A wee review of my kit for the year.

Given my lack of ability to Blog lately, I thought I would tell about the kit I've been using for 2012. It'll take a few weeks but hopefully I'll manage it.

Remember that I only approach people and use their equipment after I've used it in anger for myself and found it to be good (or brilliant!).

My link with Endura has been fantastic for me (selfishly) on a couple of levels. First off, everyone knows Endura and it's fabled warranty and high quality innovation in kit design.

Secondly, I can use my Hope green kit and matching Hope Clothing whenever I like, as it's all Endura! So whenever I'm on or off the bike and likely to be looking at or talking bikes; or doing an after dinner or presentation; I'm in Endura.

Nice.

SingleTrack II shorts/pants

These have been my "Goto" options throughout this summer depending on where I've been riding, and the weather.



If it's been wet then I've worn my singletrack II pants, as I've found that they keep the elements off of you, and also protect you from this years' burgeoning population of ticks in areas with long grass and heather. They have nice pre-shaped flexible knees and long leg zips with velcro adjusters that allow you to tighten the leg up for use on the bike, or leave them baggy when bumming around. You will almost certainly end up spending non-bike time in these, as they are so comfortable. They are also very flattering in the way they are cut, which is not to be overlooked. Well, not by me at any rate.





If it's been dry, then I've generally worn the Singletrack II shorts, which share the same features as the pants, above the knee. They are tough, very tough, but soft to the touch and very comfortable. I think that a lot of this is gained via the wicking stretch panel across the back of the waistband and thighs. Mate this to a belt of your choice or just use the through loop velcro waistband and positive double popper for a secure fit.

If it's really wet then I wear my MT500 shorts or 3/4's, with multi-tights, but I'll tell you about those another time.

There are plenty of pockets to choose from too, depending on where you want to hide your wallet, keys, or multi-tool. The front pockets are magnetised shut, and the left one hides a secret zipped pocket; whilst the back two are massive.

If you get hot, just undo the thigh vent zips for a noticeable increase in airflow.

These are great bits of kit, and you should really consider them for your next pair.

No comments: