Monday 19 March 2012

I let myself down, really.

Bike riding is fun. Period.

Friday saw me out with one of my friends, and sponsors, Simon from Loco Tuning.

It was the first time I had ridden my mountain bike in a techy situation since, err, October. I was worried that I might be a bit rusty, as I'm still struggling to get weight through my left arm whilst "gnarling it up."

But Simon, Tom (the vet) and I had some fun in our local woods for a few hours on one of the bits of singletrack that people travel miles to ride.

There were a few tumbly, screamy, cussing noises from behind as traction was lost, trees were hit, and bars flown elegantly over. But we had a great time!

The best bit is (selfishly) that I'm a bit rusty but am still quite a home on singletrack, even with a continually improving wonky arm.

A couple of comments on skills and one of our party nailed something that they were not able to commit to, originally. Woo hoo!

The worst bit?

I let myself down.

The bike I took out was one that I haven't ridden in ages. It's actually Jo's but fits me nicely and I've always gotten on with it. But I've been using Ergon GS2 for the last 2 years, and this bike didn't have them.

Good grief, did my hands hurt. Awful. I pride myself in the fact that I only use sponsored kit that I have previously fallen in love with, whilst I bought it and used it on my own first. I love my Ergon kit.

So whilst I still ride this bike, as my 2012 bikes are being built up, it will be having (has had) the GS2 Treatment.


Aggghhhh! That's better.

In other news...

...I've been accepted and confirmed as an Olympic Torchbearer! This incredible honour has been bestowed upon me after Rich Todd from Ergon nominated me, which sort of makes this whole post a bit more topical!

I can't quite believe it's happening, even though I've known about it since December, but had to keep quiet.

May 26th, will see me running (yes, I can run a little)in Pontypridd with the Olympic Torch.

A little tear comes to the eye each time I think of it.

No comments: