Sunday 5 April 2009

A new start

Well, I've done the WC2C and it was great fun, actually.

Rob has joined the 7Stanes.

Rich is next...

...and he's rock'ard.

For my next trick, I'm going to have to try to remember how to trail ride, quickly. The Avalanche Trophy, at Keilder is beckoning and I'm getting a bit jittery.

So this weekend, I got myself some new and chunky tyres and threw myself down every hill I could find.

A nice pair of higher volume tyres and the sag set to about 30% and off I went. The Crossmark rear and Ardent front (both Maxxis) is a great combo. It offers tonnes of corner grip on the front, whilst allowing maximum rolling speed on today's dry, rocky trails, with a bit of loose loam over a firm bed. (Or whatever it says on the labels for the tyres). I like 'em!

It's the first time I've worn knee and elbow armour in about 2 or 3 years, and it felt weird. But I haven't ridden so quickly on the Doon Hill either, for about the same period.

The Mk111 is a rocket ship.

I didn't take any photo's because I forgot as I was having too much fun!

This is going to be a good year!

Well, it will be once my foot comes fully back to life.

No comments: