Tuesday 2 October 2012

Has it been so long?

This seems to be my first blog in a loooooong while.

I blame work, touring around the country, living in hotels and teaching/consulting at strange hours of the day...

...But the bike riding is going well, even though it's also been hampered slightly by the planning of next year's (and 2014) rides, and fulfilling media commitments for a few things.

Next year's ride needs a media mogul to manage it, so I'll have some news on him soon.

We're in the Guinness Book, 2013 edition. 22 million people buy that!

There are only two pages in the book related to cycling, and The Hobbit's Tale is in there!!

There was a recent interview with What MTB for a small part in an article on long distance riding, and there is another due in a couple of issues time, in another magazine.

September 15th saw a team of us race in the Dusky Valleys 12hr, as a 4 "man" team, in the male team event. Jo, my female lover was in there too, as there were no other mixed teams to race.

We won!

So Loco Racing Jo, Mark Deacon, Andrew James and myself hammered ourselves for the race and came away with the win!

It's a fantastic event and should be on everyone's end of season blast list!!

Then this last weekend I came third in the halfwayupmtb Avalanche style Enduro--on my Tallboy!

I even managed to get the fastest descent on one of the sections, against nutjob Andrew Bray; no handed wheelies maester. He doesn't even pull up on the bars to start the wheelie.

On my wee xc bike. Poor bike.

All I did was put some USE carbon risers and Flow rimmed Hope green Pro2 Evo SP hubs. The bike is transformed into a monster.

Photos to follow, once I can get my iphone to work as it's deep in the woes of ios6 update failure.

After the event. the club auctioned off a load of my old kit. We made nearly £350!

They are NOT getting their hands on my Endura kit tho. 'Nuff said.

What a weekend.

No comments: