Sunday 11 September 2011

It's been a while comin'.

I'm getting slack on this blogging lark, sorry.

Training has been ok, and I'm getting quite quick again, and not really feeling much in the way of "the burn" when I'm spinning away on my bike.

Nice.

The energy in/energy out balance needs to be addressed though, otherwise I will never fit into one of those ridiculous skinsuits, next year. I promise not to do that to your eyes and scar your memory.

I've got a couple of new training routes, near my home, with which to work on my techy and climbing skills. Each lap provides 500m of climbing in 10Km, and the descending is rooty "seat of the pants" and "edge of traction" stuff.

Heh heh!

This route is also the new testing ground for the Dueller Dropper Post Prototype that we at LocoBMRacing have been playing with for a while. This is a great piece of functional and shiny kit that you should keep your eyes peeled for. I couldn't do my training route without it; that's how steep my playground is!

Last week was holiday time. Jo, Me, Tilly and Rufus (our, ahem, kids) went to the 7 Stanes for some fun.

The plan was that we rode on our own, whilst the other looked after and walked the dogs. And do you know what? It was really relaxing!

Our time was spent riding the trails at our own pace, without waiting for each other, and with a flow that you don't normally get when you are with a group.

The upshot of this was that we both surprised ourselves with how quickly you can actually get around some trail centres, just by being smooth and consistent. No need to go anaerobic.

Which is nice.

This wee trip also gave me the chance to fiddle with our POV camera, and it resulted in this video made up of 3 second interval shots, and music by Vitalic.

Kirroughtree, September 8, 2011 from Dave Buchanan on Vimeo.


In other news; and I'm really happy about this...

...You may remember that I'm indebted to lots of sponsors and supporters for the riding that they allow me to do. Have a look on the sponsors and links pages and you'll see just how lucky I have been.

You will also possibly remember that when I did "The Hobbit's Tale" in May, I was lucky to have a load of my friends help me out and keep me going.

It was tough. In fact it was the toughest thing I've ever done. I'm quite proud of myself- but more so of the people that made it possible. Whenever we mention the ride, you see that haunted look of tiredness and, possibly, signs of the odd mental scar in the face of the supporter you are discussing things with.

It was just as tough for them.

You know who you are. Thank you.

So...

...It's your fault that I just had the Guinness World Record for "The Greatest Distance Achieved on a Mountain Bike in 48hrs" awarded and recognised.

The year has been disjointed, after the ravages of the ride but, ultimately, it's been worth it!!!!

Next year is our focus now!!

Time to start preparations!

No comments: