Sunday 11 January 2009

I'm back!

Well, the man flu is gone and I'm starting to feel humanesque again.

This weekend was another good one. On Saturday, Jo and I went to Cwmcarn via a circuitous off-road route, did the xc loop, and rode home. 5hrs. She was moaning at the end.

Saturday night and I got an early Birthday present: A new camera, and a posh one at that! It seems that Jo was brassed off with me saying, "Quick Jo, get a shot of that!" or "Can I borrow your camera today please?" It's 12mega somethings, and is black and shiny.

Today was my day for a ride. I made my way from North West of Brecon and headed home via route 8 (The Taff Trail). It was relatively slow going because of the 20 mile and hour (plus) headwind. But it was still a nice day out, even though I nearly got blown to a stop a few times. I was moaning to myself at the end.

The route passed Pen-Y-Fan, Cribyn and the rest of the Beacons



Then I skirted past an old Paragliding site; Tal-Y-Bont



Past a still frozen Llyn...



..and on to the pub where Jo and I met, 146 years ago. It's now shut down and a bit of a mess. Maybe we are jinxes? :)



I was also lucky enough to locate another local water point in the Brecon area. We just need to find one around Strata Florida, and we're all set!

This has concluded the southern end of the WC2C.

Happy Days!

I managed to take some photos, although it was a gray and windy day.

Mid-Wales next weekend to tie up the Mach and Strata Florida bits. I was meant to go this weekend, but it didn't happen.

Oh, and I have a new coach. Nothing wrong with my old one, but I had an offer I couldn't refuse! Check out my website, if you're not already on it.

See ya.

No comments: