Friday 2 January 2009

All is Quiet, On New Years' Day...



...Unless you go to bed early, and drive for 3hrs to ride with your friends in Coed-y-Brenin first thing in the morning. The best New Years' Day ever!

Bloomin' marvellous. We woke up at zero something o'clock and left the house at 7.

Ten o'clock came and we were sat in CyB cafe having a coffee and a big cake.



It turned into a 5hr skills day for me. The ice was everywhere, and it made the going more than a little sketchy in places. No one else seemed too bothered by it? Probably because they let me go off in front and watched me slip and slide.

We rode the route, photographed the rhyme ice formations and idyllic scenes that that and the clear blue sunny skies offered...





...and ate more cake. Oh Yes!






I love a bit of cake, me.


The day was finished by me riding along route8, through Dolgellau and up the far side towards Mach, as planned. It's a good route and easy to follow. You just ride the Dragon's Back route to where the MBR route crosses over the river on it's return leg, and keep going south. Easy. And it's quick too.

















My bike riding is also something I love, in addition to cake. 2 years ago it was a grind to get out in the cold and put some miles in my legs to get a good aerobic base. This year is different. I have a decent base allied to an inspirational project, and now feel at home on the bike, doing my thing. I can put the world to rights whilst I am peddling along, taking in the scenery, and there is so much of this going on when you are recceing the WC2C that you don't want to stop. So I find myself with big hours and feeling tired, and don't remember any trauma getting there. I just remember the day via the photos we (Jo and I) managed to take on our limited stops.

Lifestyle, with a bit of structure. Lovely.



Enjoy the photos, because we have. Well, all of them, except the ones of me, anyway.

Happy New Year!
The WC2C Team.

No comments: