Thursday 4 December 2008

Team Photoshoot and New Bikes!


Another good weekend.

Saturday Morning, 9am sharp(ish) we meet at Rob's place to put the finishing touches to our new bikes, which he spent hours building for us the previous day. Rob and I had a Mk111 Elite each and Rich had a new Bootleg 3.0. Josh had nothing at all, because he looks like a Pepperami and his bike hadn't arrived yet.

Next was a trip over to Leigh Woods, in the freezing cold, to take photos for the Official Team Release, under the watchful eye and skilled gaze of Matt Cope the Pap. There were lots of photos, and I was gurning in most of them--Practice required. Goodness only knows what I look like as I ride my bike normally, when I'm not bothered about trying to look cool and in control!

Being a true Pro, I had forgotten my helmet and had to borrow Matt's for the shots. He has a head like a bear, so it was slipping all over my head as I rode along, looking gnarly. Not.

Sunday was a day spent at Afan Argoed with the team and some other friends. This was the first time that we really got to ride our new bikes...

...The Mk111 is awesome. The frame is stiff, it doesn't bob under power and it is seriously quick in the singletrack twists and turns.
28lbs out of the box for a 19" frame is kinda cool for such a hardcore machine.

I'll be fiddling with the setup of the forks and shock and then start having some real fun on it!! It's going to be the most plush 24hr bike out there.

This weekend looks busy. A big day on Saturday, checking out the area around Rhayader, and then knocking a few miles out, to the South on Sunday.

I've decided on an 8 week period in which I aim to ride the C2C, probably unsupported. This will allow me 8 weeks or more to re-peak for 24/12, with a tune-up race in the 12hr solo at Bristol Bike Fest.

In fact, look out for a particularly visible team presence there. :) All will be revealed, one day.

No comments: